Twisted by Sara Shepard (PLL #9)

 Even though the disappearance of Alison DiLaurentis has been solved, Spencer, Emily, Hanna, and Aria harbor other secrets which could interfere with their perfect lives, as they try to forget what happened to them in Jamaica last spring.

It's been a while since I'd read a Sara Shepard novel, and I can't say I'm too impressed. :/ While the writing (as always) was enjoyable and quick, I thought the plot for Twisted was lame. I didn't read books 5-8 and was able to pick up on everything in Twisted. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing, as if I was a loyal reader, I'd hate to have to read pages of recap.

I feel as though Sara wrote this book to keep up with the television show when really, it should have ended with Wanted. There are three more books and I'm hoping they are more exciting than this one. There was an amount of 'creep' factor, however I didn't feel invested to the characters and found most of them annoying. Emily's story wasn't consistent at ALL with the plot (dates are wrong/aren't biologically possible).

Overall I'm not a super fan of this book, but I do take it for what it's worth - a light, fun read with no interesting plot.

***

0 comments:

Post a Comment


up