Unearthly by Cynthia Hand

Sixteen-year-old Clara Gardner's purpose as an angel-blood begins to manifest itself, forcing her family to pull up stakes and move to Jackson, Wyoming, where she learns that danger and heartbreak come with her powers.
 
I loved this book!

To be honest, it took me a day or so to get into it, but I blame that on my unwillingness to read period and not the book. Once I decided to sit down and read it however, it completely blew me away! A definite favorite in the paranormal/fantasy YA category for sure. I loved Cynthia's writing and when I began reading I'd look up and an hour would've passed!

I also loved Clara's character. I felt like she was a little annoying sometimes, but she is only sixteen and I got over it quickly. Love the blooming relationships between her, Christian, and Tucker. I don't know which one I like more as of yet. The plot was incredible and the ending...I want to know MORE! This book was amazing and I enjoyed every minute reading it. The action and suspense had my heart pounding at the end and I literally gasped when the truth was revealed.

Truly an excellent book and I really recommend it. The sequel, Hallowed, is coming in January of 2012 and I CAN'T WAIT!!

*****

1 comments:

Fantasy Floozie- Kenya Wright said...

Hello

I apologize for using this method to contact you, but I could not find an email address.


I'm respectfully requesting a book review. I can send ebook or print format. The book cover, book blurb, author's bio, and chapter one sample are all available on my author's website www.kenyawright.com. The book is also listed on goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13272713-fire-baptized.

Author: Kenya Wright
Title: Fire Baptized
Genre: Urban Fantasy


Book Summary:
Since the 1970s humans have forced supernaturals to live in caged cities. Silver brands embedded in their foreheads identify them by species: a full moon for Vampires, a crescent moon for Shifters, a pair of wings for Fairies, and the list goes on, for each supernatural species has been tagged and categorized by humans.

Lanore Vesta is marked with a silver X, the brand of Mixbreeds, second-class citizens shunned by society. She stays to herself, revealing her ability to create fire only during emergencies. All she wants to do is graduate college and stop having to steal to survive. But when she stumbles upon a murder in progress, she catches the attention of a supernatural killer. Now all she wants is to stop finding dead bodies in her apartment.



Enlisting help from her Were-cheetah ex-boyfriend MeShack and a new mysterious friend named Zulu, she is steered through the habitat’s raunchy nightlife. But their presence sometimes proves to be more burden than help, as they fight for her attention.



While the corpses pile up, and the scent of blood fills the air, Lanore is left wondering:
will she find the psycho or die trying?


Thank you so much for your consideration.

Kenya

Post a Comment


up