Shine by Lauren Myracle

When her best friend falls victim to a vicious hate crime, sixteen-year-old Cat sets out to discover the culprits in her small North Carolina town.





What a beautiful novel!

I was not expecting something to like so much from Lauren Myracle. I only knew her from her Internet series and honestly didn't expect this from her! The writing was incredible and the voice of Cat was so real to me that I could even hear her Southern twang in her voice. The crime against Patrick made my stomach turn and it felt so real that it was happening to one of my friends.

This story was about so much more than just the hate crime. It was about drugs and the effect it has on people and their relationships. I know firsthand what it does to people's lives and it made the book all the more important to me. It really proved that the smaller the town, the bigger the problems. I really recommend this book and it totally made me cry!

*****

1 comments:

Helen's Book Blog said...

I feel the same way about this book. I had never read a Lauren Myracle book before, but I loved this one. There was so much going on and I really felt for the characters

Post a Comment


up