Sweetly by Jackson Pearce

When the owner of a candy shop molds magical treats that instill confidence, bravery, and passion, eighteen-year-old Gretchen's haunted childhood memories of her twin sister's abduction by a witch-like monster begin to fade until girls start vanishing at the annual chocolate festival.
Can I mention (again) how much I love Jackson Pearce? I knew I'd enjoy this book and when I started reading it I became hooked! It started off right away into the mystery of Gretchen, Ansel, and their sister and doesn't stop until the last page.

The writing was awesome as usual, her style is very easy and before you know it you've read fifty pages! The characters were vulnerable yet independent, and there was something very whimsical about the town and the novel overall.

Gretchen and Samuel's relationship was good, though I feel like the interaction could've used some work. I wanted to know more about them. I'm hoping there will be a sequel to this one! I can't WAIT for Fathomless which is a retelling of The Little Mermaid! Yes please!!

****

0 comments:

Post a Comment


up