She Loves You, She Loves You Not - Julie Anne Peters

When seventeen-year-old Alyssa is disowned by her father for being a lesbian, she's sent off to a small town in Colorado to live with the mother she's never known, where she's forced to come to terms with herself and her family.

What a powerful, charming, and heartbreaking read.

If you enjoy Sarah Dessen's writing, then I think you will really enjoy this one. I'd read Luna by this author and it changed my way of thinking about...everything. It was amazing and this novel wasn't too far behind. I loved the scenery that Peters set up and the characters are so charming and witty.

I wasn't in love with some of the things Alyssa does, especially when it came to her mother but that didn't deter my enjoyment of the book. The ending was incredible and unexpected. I was near tears. As I said, if you like Sarah Dessen, teen growth and self discovery novels, then I suggest this one!

*****

0 comments:

Post a Comment


up